Friday, December 19, 2008

I could have sworn it said 'Akbear'...

Well, today wings and I made a pilgrimage to 'Akbar's Tomb' in Agra.
However, frankly, I'd misread the guidebook, I thought this was Akbear's Tomb.
Well, since we sounded like quite the enlightened human, he might have qualified as an honorary member of the Bear community...

From PhilomusInIndia

Then there was making friends with the locals:

It was almost like meeting one of Wing's distant cousins....
Then checking out the front of the Tomb...

From PhilomusInIndia

And there was us visiting the 'Baby Taj'. Because of recent 
security concerns, Bears and flying Pigs were actually
banned from the big Taj Mahal, but the Baby Taj no one
even checked...


But this Bear is undaunted, we got our glimpse of the Taj Mahal none the less:

From PhilomusInIndia


We end our trip to India enjoying the beauty of the Taj by sunset.

From PhilomusInIndia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you looking so well my dear! And I must say I'm a little relieved to see you had that photo snapped (by that Bob person no doubt)at a safe distance from the Taj... a little skiddish after recent events perhaps but bullets do not bounce off bear fur.

OOhh that may have been in poor taste I'm afraid. Well living in a kind of war zone myself I suppose you develop that kind of humor. We are making the Headlines all too often lately for the wrong reasons around here in the state of Guerrero.

Much love and peace especially! Laura